Synod 2021 – 2024 continues…
January – February 2022: Parishes participated in the first phase of discernment, reflection, and formation. We met with each other and provided our input to representatives to take to a bigger gathering for Northern Colorado churches.
March – April 2022: Our representatives shared our thoughts across all the Archdiocese.
Then, in prayerful discernment, they gathered the input and created a summation.
May 2022: The Presbyterate of the Archdiocese met and, as a body, discussed the results.
July 2022: The Archdiocese launched the Institute for Apostolic Leadership, in collaboration with Acts XXIX.
October 2022: Pope Francis announces an extension to the Synod.
It will be now held over 2 years (Oct 2023 and Oct 2024) to allow greater time for reflection and discernment.
October 2022: Vatican releases document outlining the next phase of preparation: The Continental Phase.
The document outlines insights of feedback received thus far from all around the world, as well as some guiding thoughts moving forward.
The Synod Commission received feedback from :
- 112 out of 114 Episcopal Conferences worldwide,
- all 15 of the Oriental Catholic Churches,
- reflections from 17 out of 23 dicasteries of the Roman Curia
- reflections from religious superiors (USG/UISG), from institutes of consecrated life and societies of apostolic life,
- reflections from associations and lay movements of the faithful.
The process is still ongoing, and our thoughts and prayers are still influencing the Synod!
Below are all the links of the summation documents from every level of the process to date: